Finance Manager (f/m)
Berater Stefan Stieger
Aktuell seit 15. Juni 2018Konigsallee 76-78 40212 Dusseldorf Robert Walters Germany
Our client is one of the world´s leading pump manufacturers with more than 100 years experience in engineering. For the German plant located in Upper Franconia, we are currently recruiting for
Finance Manager (f/m)
Currently we are seeking a Finance Manager (f/m) for their ever-growing business to make the team even stronger.
The primary responsibility of the Finance Manager (f/m) will be to maintain an effective accounting framework, and related internal controls to ensure that the accounting records are complete and accurately representing the companywith respect to local laws, regulations, IFRS, as well as Corporate Policies. This important role will have overall responsibility for the timely and accurate completion of local Tax and Statutory filings and related Audits. This position is key in monitoring changes in local legislative environment, and initiating required changes in internal policies and practices, while being the driver in general for continuous process improvements locally.
- Provide leadership and general supervision for the accounting department
- Coordinate with Chief Financial Officer (CFO) on Treasury Management
- Promotes and role models Business Excellence to create a lean culture where all employees are empowered and accountable
- Participate in all Company financial and benefit audits and interface with auditors
- Perform analysis and consult with top management on major decisions including capital expenditures and product line profitability
- Prepare and issue required financial reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis
- Participate in all Company financial and benefit audits and interface with auditors to ensure a timely and efficient audit process. Prepare the annual report
- Oversee payroll to ensure it is completed in a timely and accurate basis
- Determine corporate income taxes and work with external auditors according the regulations of HGB and IFRS
- All other activities and duties as assigned
Competencies / Skills:
- Apply leadership skills to supervise and empower direct reports. This includes role modeling a respectful environment, communicating expectations, developing abilities, providing timely feedback, and ensuring performance accountability.
- Direct the activities of a functional department to achieve the Company's goals. This includes managing the department budget and strategic planning for the department.
- Communicate effectively with internal and/or external parties verbally or in writing.
- Use the appropriate accounting modules in the Company's chosen Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Perform cost accounting functions including standard costing and variance analysis.
- Determine bottlenecks and recognize opportunities for improvement in all area (cost-benefit-relation).
- Ongoing monitoring of Sales, Profit and Cash.
- Manage the resources, schedule, and costs to successfully complete a project within scope. Includes risk management, cost and time estimating, creating and following a project plan, leading the project team, and reporting progress to the sponsor.
- Perform accounts payable & accounts receivables functions.
- Leadership experience (min 3-5 years)
- Experience with HGB and IFRS
- Awareness of lean principles to reduce or eliminate waste and 5S principles to sort, set in order, shine, standardize, and sustain the changes in a work area.
- Good knowledge of MS Excel
If you want to be part of this international, dynamic and highly professional company, we look forward to receiving your application to be part of the team.