Head of Accounting (f/m/d)
Standort Frankfurt am MainFULL_TIME
Berater Stefan Stieger
Aktuell seit 23. August 20192019-08-26 2019-10-22 trade-and-services Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE 60311 EUR 1 2 2 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.de https://www.robertwalters.de/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Our Client an international sales company, whose offices are spread across many different continents. We are currently looking for a Head of Accounting (m/w/d) in the Rhine-Main Area.
- Ensure financial integrity and accurate, reliable and efficient transparency of accounting and financial reporting in accordance with accounting standards (IFRS and HGB GAAP)
- Deliver consolidated month and year end accounts and reports for statutory entities to group standards and timeline
- Ensure accounting & control policy adherence & uphold a robust control environment at locations assigned developing the accounting and control organization to ensure effective risk management and mitigation.
- Effectively coordinate with group finance & outsourced providers to drive improved data quality, governance and continuous process improvement.
- Assist with ensuring annual audit is effectively and timely completed with a clean audit report and that all statutory tax and regulatory filings are completed on time
- Prepare monthly financial reporting and the consolidation of the sub group to IFRS with timely submission to local management and group.
- Responsible for ensuring that all accounting functions are efficiently delivered. This includes that accruals / prepayments, accounting journals and subjective accounting estimates are properly prepared and evidenced under both IFRS and HGB.
- Responsible for ensuring that all tax requirements for the subgroup is effectively managed to ensure full compliance for the group, liaising with external providers as necessary.
- Reconcile / review as appropriate all Balance sheet accounts for companies in subgroup ensuring compliance with HGB and IFRS.
- Oversee all financial accounts and ledgers ensuring timely resolution of any issues.
- Interface with Auditors and tax advisors for timely and accurate completion.
- An experienced qualified accountant, ideally ACA, (or similar) from a prestigious accounting firm
- Progressive hands on experience under both in financial consolidation, accounting, reporting, analysis and internal control
- Strong working knowledge of new HGB GAAP and IFRS - ability to understand and interpret accounting treatments for new transactions or policy changes.
- Proven track record of delivering financial accounting & reporting for a number of companies accurately, on time and successfully through the audit process.
- A proactive mind-set focused and aligned on achieving process improvement - experience of undertaking formal and informal financial process reviews is essential and comfortable to operate in an evolving and transformative environment.
- Experience of accounts consolidation for a medium or large group including eliminations, adjustments, disclosures etc.
- Excel proficiency (pivot, dynamic files creation, macros,
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting
- 5 years of experience, incl. Finance functions in a hands-on role in an international multi-site environment
- Proven experience in continuous improvement initiatives, organizational development, change management, culture initiatives, new ways of working
- Fluent in Business English and German
If you want to be part of this international, dynamic and highly professional company, we look forward to receiving your application to be part of the team.
Tel.: 069 9203 840 018